What clothes should I wear?
This is a question we get asked a lot!!!
In general, for Whistler in the winter all clothes will have to be warm. (Except a swim suit for the hotel’s hot tub).
You will need boots that are warm for walking on the snow, some jeans, sweaters and a warm coat. That´s all you need for walking around the Village or going out for dinner. Dinners are all casual, you don’t need any special clothing.
For skiing you will need:
- Ski boots (these are part of the equipment rental that we will bring to your hotel).
- Skis and poles (part of the equipment rental that we will bring to your hotel)
- Helmet (this is part of the equipment rental that we will bring to your hotel)
- Goggles (these are not available for rent, don’t hesitate to ask us to recommend the best ones!)
- Ski pants
- Ski jacket
- T-shirts and thermal pants to wear under the ski suit. Fleece jacket is also recommended.
- NOT too thick ski socks for under ski boots (they should reach the knees).
- Waterproof ski gloves for the snow
For all other activities other than skiing, we recommend wearing the same ski clothing as you will be outdoors, but wearing snow boots instead of ski boots.
Whenever you are going to buy something, if you have any doubts, do not hesitate to send us photos and we will be able to advise you. Also, in Whistler you will be able to find EVERYTHING. The day of arrival we will give you discounts for the stores here. Still, Whistler is quite expensive and we highly recommend buying online before your trip.